Homework will be handed out every Friday. Please return it the following Thursday.
Welcome to year two. We hope you enjoyed your summer holidays and are ready for an exciting year ahead. We are! Working in Year Two with your child will be me, Mrs Grieveson, as well as Mrs Snowdon.
To make the transition easier for your child and yourself here are a few things that may help:
- Your child will enter the school through the yard as before. At home time they will leave out of the door next to Year 3. If you need to pick up your child early or drop anything off you will need to do this at the office.
- Provide your child with a book bag so they can not only bring their reading book home but also their homework and any pieces of work/letters from school. I like these to be brought to school every day. Please check them every day for any important letters etc.
- Home reading books will be given out on a Monday and taken in the following Monday. This means you have the time to spend with your child listening to them read and we have the time to read your comments before changing their book. New books will only be given out on Mondays. I do not listen to your child read their home reader but I do listen to them in guided reading sessions.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday to be handed in the following Thursday and will be something related to what they have done the previous week. It is important to encourage your child to do their homework as it helps them to become independent learners.
- Children will be taking part in PE. I am not sure of the day yet but will let you know as soon as I can. Could you ensure they have a school P.E. kit to change into. You can leave these on your child’s peg if it is easier. We will be encouraging your child to dress themselves for P.E. however if they need help all they have to do is ask.
- Make sure all of your child’s clothes, coats, P.E. kits etc have their name written inside somewhere making it easier for them to find if they take them off.
- As you are probably aware the children will have ‘special jobs’ to do later in the year. I intend to have a meeting nearer the time to discuss what this entails.
If at any time you have any queries or questions we work on an open door policy so please don’t hesitate to pop in to see us. The best time to do this is after 3.30 when we can spend more time discussing your questions.
Once again we are looking forward to the year ahead.
Mrs. Grieveson and Mrs. Snowdon
Children from Y2 to Y6 enjoyed decorating hard boiled eggs on Thursday for the annual decorated egg competition. The standard of entries was very high, which made the judges’ decisions very difficult. Prizes were awarded for the best three entries from each class. See if you can spot the winners among the photos below!
We have come to the end of a busy week, during which many of our parents have been able to join us to watch the children’s Easter assemblies and view the children’s work. Our final day has been spent with the children performing for each other and decorating eggs for the annual competition. Watch this space for some amazing entries…
On Friday 5th December at 10am, our lovely year 2 children will be singing Christmas Songs at the Methodist church. Please feel free to come along and join in our sing-song.